Monday, July 23, 2012

Real Techniques Setting Brush Review


So I came across this brush the other day from the lovely Sam from Pixiwoo. It's new to the collection and is a small setting brush which can be used for powder or highlighter. It has synthetic bristles so is also cruelty free. I've always been impressed by the Real Techniques brushes, the bristles are soft and much higher quality than a lot of other brands, not to mention the price point is excellent. It has a tapered tip to make for precise application and effortless blending. It's very similar to a jumbo Mac 224 or the old 225 that I'm not sure they make anymore.



I like this more for highlighter or for setting powder under the eyes as it gives you a lot more control where you place the product. These brushes also wash up really nicely, I haven't had much dye leakage or shedding to date. The short handles make them great for traveling too as I find the Mac, Suqqu, Shu etc... brushes never fit into my personal make up bag. One thing to note is that the writing tends to rub off with heavy usage- although this happens with the premium brushes too!

No comments:

Post a Comment