Wednesday, March 14, 2012

8 of the Best: Summer Nail Polishes




Essie Bright Tights
A ridiculously bright neon orange colour. Takes about 3 coats to get a decent coverage but it's worth the effort! This always makes me feel like summer holidays!

Nars Ecume
I think white is a very underated nail colour, it can look amazing against tanned skin- as long as you don't choose a yellowing top coat. You can also use it underneath colours as a base to make them pop more!

Mavala 72 Nice
Is it orange or is it red? Depending on the light this one can vary a bit. It's somewhere between the two and has a pretty subtle shimmer. I really like this and think it's very chic. Makes me think of the Cote D'Azur!


OPI Be a Dahlia Won't you
This is a medium magenta hot pink with lots and lots of shimmer, it's not chunky enough to look like glitter but sparkles beautifully! 2 coats for good coverage, I really like this one. Looks better on the nails than in the bottle!

Chanel 577 Mimosa
This is a nail varnish of the marmite variety- you either love it or you hate it. It's a bright sunshine yellow with subtle (read: undetectable) shimmer. In the winter when I'm pale it looks awful (I have been told I look like I have "corpse hands" with this on. However, come mid summer and it starts looks really pretty!



Essie Punchy Pink
A warm toned creamy neon hot pink. It took me ages to find this sort of colour, I always find neon pinks lean cool. It dries matte and it requires a good 3 coats to even everything out, but I get lots of compliments when wearing it!

China Glaze Aquadelic
A creamy bright turquoise. Very pretty and tropical looking. Nice coverage in 2-3 coats.



China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy
Probably my favourite colour of all time, it's a cream neon coral. It's got white pigment in it which really makes it pop! Almost retina searing! But I love it! Really wish it wasn't limited edition, I've been searching for a dupe for a long time. The closest I've found is Americal Apparel in Neon Red and Models Own in Pink Punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment