Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Top 4 Face Masks


Skincare is and always has been close to my heart. I've been on an endless quest to try and sort my skin out! So here are the fruits of my labour of love!

PS
For reference I have at the moment combination skin with dry cheeks and oily T-zone. Very sensitive skin that is very, very "rosy" let's say. Pores, dark circles, the occasional spot. You name it, I got it! Oh and I'm also sensitive to mineral oils!



Kiehls Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque
This is a greyish clay based mask, when I feel a pimple coming up I whack this on and for the most part it keeps them at bay. Bit of a God send in all honesty!



Mac Volcanic Ash Thermal Mask
Please bring this back Mac! A thick black goopy mask that heats up on application. Smells a bit like Lavender. It's good for softening the skin and declogging the pores! I loved this so much I bought 4 back ups!



Origins Dr Weil Mega Mushroom Face Mask
This is a putty coloured calming face mask.  I've used it on models when constant application and removal of make up starts to affect their skin. It smells sort of earthy- which might be good or bad in anyone's book. It does take down redness and brighten the skin wonderfully though!



Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant
Not really a mask but is a great exfoliator if you have sensitive skin. Instead of the usual granules which can irritate and damage the skin, this has gentle acids which eat away at the top layer of the epidermis without hurting it. I tend to use this before applying other masks to increase their effectiveness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment