Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What's in my make up bag




A question I get asked more often than not is what products I use on a day to day basis. I tend to use minimal make up, running from photoshoots and shows requires long wearing products since I don't have many opportunities for touch ups but I still need to look professional and polished. So these are the tried and tested items I use more often than not!

La Roche Posay Anthelios AC Spf 30
A great Spf and moisturiser in one- I've got oily skin so don't bother to wear cream underneath this! LRP makes great suncare at a very reasonable price so is well worth checking out the line if you can!

La Roche Posay Effaclar M
A nice mattifying moisturiser which I put on if I'm going out at night and am expecting photos to be taken- no spf means no ghostly flashback! It also keeps my shine at bay for most of the day which is always a bonus!

Bourjois Healthy mix foundation in 53
I love this foundation, it gives great coverage without looking like you've slapped it on. I always used to be a strong advocate of buying more expensive (Chanel et al) foundations, but these days the drugstore brands have really upped their game and are producing some amazing products with great technology!

Lanolips ointment
This is the best balm I've found, if I put this on at night my lips are still nicely soft in the morning. Nothing else comes close in my book!

Guerlain Cruel Gardenia Meteorites Powder
Love love love this, so beautifully packaged and is a lovely highlighter. It's not glittery but has an almost glass like sheen if used sparingly! I put this on underneath my blush/bronzer for a more believable "glow". If you can get hold of this then do so!

Urban Decay Zero 24/7 liner
I like this liner purely for it's smudging ability so I can create super quick smokey eyes on the go. I don't find on my waterline it lasts all that well (for that I use the Mac Feline kohl) but for just dotting around my lashes to give some oomph and the illusion of thicker lashes it's perfect!

Chanel Lash Curlers
These have taken the place of my trusty Shu Uemura curlers. They fit my eye really well, give a perfect curl and look uber pretty in my make up bag!

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Birthday Suit
I love this cream shadow, super pretty and natural. A cool toned taupe with a hint of gold pearl. It's actually quite a complex colour but brightens the eye and is lovely worn with both a bright lip and a MLBB shade.

Mac Paint Pot in Groundwork
A great everyday colour, a natural soft brown. You can just use your finger to blend for an effortless polished look.

Chanel Illsion Ombre in 82 Emerveille
A sparkly, nude peach. I use this if I'm lacking in beauty sleep, dabbing a small amount in the corner of your eyes makes you look instantly more awake!

Maxfactor Fusion Mascara (aka Covergirl lash blast in the States so I'm told!)
In my opinion Maxfactor produces some of the best mascara on the market. I've been through so many different brands and find the vast majority smudge underneath my eyes in minutes of applying it, this however does not so might be worth checking out if you have the same problem!

Dior Rosy Glow Awakening Blush in 001 Petal
 A bright cool toned Barbie pink. It doesn't look as offensive applied on the cheeks as in the pan. Looks fabulous on a lot of skin tones. These sort of colours always look great lightly brushed on the apples of the cheeks.

Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel in 537 Bronze Corail
I'm not sure if this is still available but it's been lurking around in my make up bag so I thought I might as well include it! It's a combination of strips of beige, mid brown, dark brown and bright coral. I tend to swipe the tan shades then put the coral shade on my apples when I'm in the mood for a bit of tan!

Illamasqua Medium pencil in Bait
A bright hot pink liner I use as a lip liner, or all over topped with a bit of balm for an easy hot pink lip!


Urban Decay Make Up bag
I thought I should give this a quick mention as I've had this bag for quite some time now and I absolutely love it. It holds all of my everyday items with a ton of room to spare, it's also wipeable for the inevitable spillage/liner lid coming off so you don't have to worry about ruining it! Plus it's uber sparkly so satisfies the magpie in me! Perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment