Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Clarins Crystal Coral Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balm Swatch & Review


Clarins Crystal Coral (03) Instant Smooth Lip Balm is a duo style lip product with a clear balm wrapped around a bright reddish orange core. Once mixed together you get a pretty pigmented orange shade and a slight sheen. I find with these type of lipsticks it's essential to use with a mirror- this is by no means an easy lip balm you can just throw on. Because the centre is virtually opaque in coverage you really have to work to get it all the way to the edges otherwise you end up with no color on the outside of the lips. I got about 2-3 hours wear from this before the balm had faded away but it did leave a pretty stain behind.


 As far as I remember Clarins released these a few years ago but they were clear all the way through and were incredibly popular- I loved them for one! I'm not sure where the new ones fit in- I don't find them hugely hydrating (but they are not drying) and they can be a pain to apply. It's also a bit of a shame that they don't have more of a glossy finish, I would classify them as semi matte which is fine in itself but the name "crystal" makes me think of a shiny product if that makes sense.

Swatches...
Clarins Crystal Coral (daylight)

Clarins Crystal Coral (flash)

No comments:

Post a Comment