Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sisley Express Flower Gel Mask Review


Possibly one of the most raved about products from Sisley is the Express Flower Gel Mask, it has won many awards over the years and you will generally find it lurking in many Make Up Artists kit bags to use on jet-lagged models in between shows. It suits all skin types and the texture is light and gel like- it comes out off white but dries clear. It sinks into the skin very quickly but doesn't feel heavy or as if it is going to clog pores but at the same time it's lovely and hydrating.

According to the instructions, you should apply on to perfectly cleansed skin and after 3 minutes wipe any excess off with a tissue (i.e don't rinse). I personally like to use this after my Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant so it penetrates into the skin better, or if my skin is feeling particularly dehydrated then I would leave it on overnight. By the time I take it off (even if it is just 3 minutes) my skin feels soft and toned- I can't comment on its firming or anti aging abilities as those aren't my problem areas yet but a lot of people swear by it.

There's no getting away from the fact that it is Sisley and so it is expensive, I think it is currently £72.50 in the UK or about 100 euros in Spain. Also, you do get quite a small amount of product- just 60ml so just over half what most brands would give you. Having said all that, is it worth it? Well, in my personal opinion, I love it! It is very hard to find a hydrating mask for oily/combination skins that isn't greasy or one that doesn't cause the redness in sensitive skin to flare up and this one fits the bill perfectly. I would however always advise that you go along to a counter and pick up a sample before investing in any sort of skincare product.

No comments:

Post a Comment