Monday, May 28, 2012

Mac Sail La Vie Lipstick Swatch, Review & Dupes (Hey Sailor)



This was probably the item from Hey Sailor that I was most looking forward to. Sail La Vie is a bright medium orange with a lot of red undertones. It's a satin finish but it's very pigmented so reminded me of a amplified, you get opaque coverage in one swipe and it has a semi glossy finish.


I get approximately 5 hours wear from this shade before it starts to fade, but it does leave behind quite a strong stain on your lips. I don't find it hydrating (although it's not drying) so I would always prep with balm before using this.  As I'm sure most of you know this colour comes in limited edition packaging so expect to pay a bit more.

Swatches...
Mac Sail La Vie (daylight)

Mac Sail La Vie (flash)
Comparisons...

Mac Toxic Tale is pinker, Mac Lady Danger is similar but more red, Mac Vegas Volt is paler and more peach, Lancome Miss Coquelicot is paler and more peach, Bobbi Brown Atomic Orange is a bit more orange.
* I think I have something more similar in my non-Mac stash so will update when I've had a chance to find it!

From left: Mac Sail La Vie, Mac Toxic Tale, Mac Lady Danger, Mac Vegas Volt, Lancome Miss Coquelicot, Bobbi Brown Atomic Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment