Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation 09 Swatch & Review


This is Illamasqua's Skin Base Foundation, it's suppose to look like real skin, be easy to blend and suitable for all skin types. This reminded me of Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum initially, they have a similar gel like texture which smoothes out to give a natural coverage which is buildable. I do find that Illamasqua's needs a bit more care when blending to avoid the streaky bits (a good flat top brush like Mac's 109 does a perfect job) so you're better off buffing rather than brushing it on. It also works quite nicely when used with hands as the warmth from your fingertips helps it adhere to the skin better.

I would call this sheer to medium coverage and it has a semi matte finish. It does say that it's suitable for all skin types but I would say it was better for normal-dry as I find it can slip off after a few hours even if you set with powder. If you have very dry skin this might not be suitable as I have found that it can cling to any dry patches and look a bit cakey.



The shade here is 09 and I think this would suit around a mac nc30 (it's very yellow based) but if it's worn sheer then you can get away with a bit more variation in tone, say nc30-35. I should also point out that this contains mineral oil so if you're sensitive to it (like me) you might want to give it a miss!
Packaging is practical and simple, it comes in a plain plastic squeezy tube which is perfect for travelling.

Overall I think this is a nice foundation, if you have good skin and just want something to enhance it then it's well worth checking out!

Swatch...
From left (unblended & blended): Illamasqua Skin Base 09 (daylight)



No comments:

Post a Comment