Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Nars Bolero Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Swatch & Review

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bolero is a very pigmented, creamy pale peach. It has a lot of white pigment in it which makes it stand away from the face, it's quite similar to Illamasqua's Obey lipstick which I reviewed earlier, I would say this was slightly less forgiving if you have dry or cracked lips. As it's a matte finish and a slightly chalky texture, I highly recommend exfoliating and moisturising your lips before applying this as it can settle into lip lines.

However, I do think if this is applied correctly it can be a stunning lip colour- perfect with a flicked out liner and soft peach cheeks. I get about 3-4 hours wear from this although I find my lips are a bit parched at the end of that period of time. Bolero comes in a jumbo pencil packaging which is very easy to apply (you will need a extra large pencil sharpener) but you do get slightly less product for your money.

Swatches...
Nars Bolero (daylight)

Nars Bolero (flash)

No comments:

Post a Comment