Saturday, April 28, 2012

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Review



I've always been curious about this cleanser from Liz Earle and whether it really lives up to all the hype that surrounds it. The main reason it's taken me this long to take the plunge is that I'm very much in the camp of "the gentler, the better" when it comes to skincare, especially if you have sensitive skin and I really think that scrubbing your skin can damage or cause broken capillaries. So I've never been one to advise the use of Clarisonics, rough cloths or even exfoliators with beads in them (I much prefer cream exfoliators that use ingredients like lactic acid).

I bought the 100ml bottle which comes with a little pump that gives about the right dose in 1-2 doses. It's a thick white paste that smells quite strongly of eucalyptus, after gently rubbing into your face you take the muslin cloth soaked in warm water and wipe away. You are supposed to be able to take of mascara with this but I prefer to remove it with a cotton pad soaked in Bioderma Crealine first to minimise any rubbing around the eye area.

I haven't experienced any irritation or spots with this so far but I do find the muslin cloth a bit too rough to use twice a day so instead I've been using this in the morning without the cloth and then in the evening with it. Overall I would say this is a nice cleanser and at a good price point, it hasn't dried out my skin, made it feel tight, uncomfortable and always makes it feel clean and doesn't leave a residue behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment